Thursday, November 6, 2008

Adoption Myth

Myth: Adoption in only for couples with no children or who struggle with infertility.


(Steve and Tiffany's children with their beautiful baby sister!)

Facts: While may couples who adopt do struggle with infertility and find adoption as a beautiful way to build a family, adoption in not limited to couples with no children. There are agencies who limit applications to childless couples, but the agencies that we are connected with do not hold that view. There are so many children in need of families and many of the couples I work with have biological children. We have worked with families with as many as 7 children who have had successfully adoptions using our services.

If you have a heart for adoption and already have children please don't let that hold you back. There are babies today who are in need of a loving, Christian family to welcome them in and love them forever!



Please contact me at tracie@christianadoptionconsultants.com for more information on our adoption services.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Good morning Tracie;

Wondering if you can work with people outside your state with adoption.

We are in the 'pondering' state of our next adoption. I have already done some research with our state (CT). Still need to talk to our social worker...as I am not sure if he can help us-perhaps he is all we need (?)...but saw a sibling group of 5 on adoptuskids...they are in OK.
We will ponder and pray and then see what God has planned.

Last night it dawned on me that I'd have to have some of them in school (there is a 5-7-9 year old-school age). Our state won't let us homeschool until post adoption. The thought of playing in two fields again makes me cringe. I asked God...are you sure...he didn't respond, but I have a feeling ;-) I've done it before, not happy about it, as it is superdisrupting to our homeschooling and lives. But if it is what God has...guess there will be grace and strenghth for the time it is required.

We will be adding another bedroom (above the garage in the spring....) I think we have a year wait post *Little Beauties* adoption...but perhaps we can get the ball rolling sooner with the kids, as dealing with foster care is generally slow work.
(it would be an interstate compact adoption)...so foster care here would *keep an eye on us* once the kids come.

Have a great Sunday of worship....off to get ready for church.

xoxox
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Kimmie said...

oops...sorry Tracie. Guess I should have emailed that to you.

I need more coffee, guess it helps me read better ;-)

xoxox
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted